NATIONAL/REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (NSM/RSM)
Mississippi River Radio has an opening for a full-time National/Regional Sales Manager. This position requires an individual with strong sales ability. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, the drive to succeed, and possess a team player mentality, creativity on the sales approach and great organizational skills. Candidate will coordinate all national sales opportunities with national representatives on the radio, digital and event platforms and will provide constant communication and accountability in monitoring all national opportunities. Candidate will also manage and develop some Regional and Local sales, including new business development. This position will be responsible for on-going client contact and new business development at the local, regional and national level. The National / Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for creating sales packages on events and special sales opportunities, develop and keep updated all research capabilities, and provide day to day support to the General Managers as needed. This position requires 5% – 10% overnight travel.
- College graduate or equivalent
- Prior NSM and Local Media Sales experience
- Preferred experience with the following software: Microsoft Office, Tapscan (TAPWeb)
- Extensive new business development experience, including National or Local spot, NTR, digital and sponsorship sales
- Ability to create and present compelling sales narratives/presentations
- Highly organized with attention to detail, strong negotiation skills, ability to manage people off-site
- Budget and goal-oriented experience, and excellent written and oral skills are required
- Ability to manage and grow relationships, increase market share, multi-task, be self-motivated, and have strong leadership skills
For consideration, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Max Media/Mississippi River Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Local Sales Executive
The Mississippi River Radio Account Executive will identify and solicit new business; service and grow existing accounts. Account Executives are responsible for developing persuasive proposals in response to client needs and/or opportunities. They are responsible for ensuring client satisfaction through cooperative communication. They will also negotiate rates consistent with Mississippi River Radio operating goals and budgets and ensure prompt payment. They will utilize all available resources to create effective marketing campaigns. This is a commission based outside sales position.
- Entrepreneurial & motivated self-starter.
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures.
- Ability to grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a competitive sales environment.
- Prior demonstrated prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and research.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to communicate product value.
- Ability to design, present, and successfully execute targeted marketing campaigns.
- Generate revenue and meet/exceed established sales targets.
- Prospective candidate should have the ability to exercise judgment and operate independently.
- Translate market & station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales & revenue.
- Monitor competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads.
- Candidate will also need to be able to read, draft and comprehend complex and persuasive business correspondence.
- Provide regular reports to Sales Manager regarding prospective sales order, new prospect lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
- Service client accounts including preparing sales orders and production requests, resolve billing discrepancies, assist in account collections.
- Follow station/company practices/policies for processing, invoicing, calculation of sales.
- Establish, maintain, and deepen relationships with existing client base & agencies.
We offer competitive compensation, two weeks vacation the first year, health and dental benefits, short term disability, and 401(k). Sound interesting?
For consideration, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mississippi River Radio LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace